Most ministers struggle with the "annual stewardship sermon". We would contend that stewardship should be a topic addressed from the pulpit throughout the year. However, we recognize that whenever you choose to teach about this spiritual discipline, good models of stewardship sermons are a valuable resource.
We will continue collecting sermons to lift up as examples that may be of help to you. They will reflect a variety of styles and theological perspectives. These messages are offered as illustrations and provided to you with an understanding that your own personal integrity would not permit you to present these words as your own, and that proper citations will be offered for all quoted material.
If you have heard or you have written a stewardship sermon that you believe would be helpful to others, please contact us. Sermons offered to the Center will be reviewed by our editorial panel and will require your formal consent for electronic publication via our website.
The sermons fall into three categories:
Manuscripts only - in PDF format
Audio only: choose between WAV or MP3. (Please allow time for files to download)
Video - provided though a link to our YouTube Channel
- Ron Allen, notes from the Symposium on Preaching Stewardship as Good News, 2012 @ CTS. Lectionary Year B, remaining texts.
- Watch the workshop with Ron Allen from the Symposium on Preaching Stewardship as Good News. Dr. Allen discusses Lectionary Year B texts for the fall season of 2012
- Lance Pape, "Jesus and Money" - presented at the Symposium on Preaching Stewardship as Good News, 2012, @ CTS
- James Forbes, "When the Spirit Inspires Our Peaching" - presented at the Symposium on Preaching Stewardship as Good News, 2012, Christian Theological Seminary
- Panel Discussion on: The Difficulty of Preaching About Stewardship. Panel members include: James Forbes, Ron Allen, Lance Pape, Marilyn Fiddmont, Carol Johnston. The Panel moderator is Bruce Barkhauer, Director of the Center for Faith and Giving.